Sunday 6 January 2013

Dark side of the half moon

Hey there, it's been a while but I'm back!

I wasn't going to blog these nails but for a few reasons I changed my mind. So I work in marketing in the retail industry and I get to here about up and coming trends and the word on the street is that come Spring/Summer nail art with be out and stripped back nails will be in! It will be all about muted colours and very simple designs such as the half moon. I'll still be going strong with nail art mind you!

On a recent photo shoot I was at the nail artist did a half moon design in a navy and gold colour combo which I just loved, so I had to recreate it (I used a slightly lighter coloured blue and did bigger half moons)

So the trends news and the colour combo were two reasons for me deciding to blog this look but another is that this has lasted for a whole week without any chips whatsoever and no top coat touch ups! I'm well impressed particularly as the blue colour is a very cheap brand. It's two coats of Angelica Nail Colour in Sapphire 55 from Primark, which I picked up for the grand price of £1.50!

I then added the gold half moon using a nail art pen from a No7 Christmas gift set and finished off with a coat of Seche Vite Quick Dry Top Coat.

Simple but very effective!

Happy painting... the nailist xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment