Tuesday 6 November 2012

Polish days - MAN-icure

It's Polish Day time!.. the monthly blogger event put together by Hannah @ PollyPolish.com. This month's theme is MAN-icure in honour of it being Movember. The brief was either a the iconic moustache design or a tribute to any special men in your life.

I decided to go literal and simple....

I had a bit of trouble with the moustaches due to a gloopy black nail polish but no time to redo unfortunately! Still loving it though - makes me laugh every time I look at my nails.

And what makes me giggle even more is that if I look at them the other way the moustaches, unintentionally, look like eyebrows and I have angry/surprised faces looking back at me!

I opted for muted 'manly' base colours:-
Thumb - Nail Polish by H&M in Nerd
Index - W7 in 29 Grey
Middle - Models Own in Concrete Mixer
Ring - Bourjois 1 Second Gel Silicone Texture in 04 Taupe Classy
Little - Bourjois 10 days No Chips in shade 23

Happy painting.. the nailist xxx





11 comments:

  1. I love their little angry faces!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. they've kept me amused at work today!

      Delete
  2. We must have been on the same wave length!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmao I love that you can give it the eyebrow look too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I love it when things happen by accident which you can then say was completely the vision you had in mind! Love your incorporation of the ribbon

      Delete
  4. Very very cute...creatures? :P
    Looks like a great trick-art too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how they can be either or! Quick question, how can I join in. I don't know anything about inlinkz?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Head over to pollypolish.com and you can join her polish days list... she sends an email every month with a new theme and how to join in.

      Delete
  6. Ohmygosh, I love how the eyes compliment the mustaches. So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete