Tuesday 11 September 2012

Wrapping paper

So today's design has ended up looking like wrapping paper... which wasn't what I originally had in mind! It definitely looks better in the flesh as the matt vs glossy effect doesn't come across that well on screen.

I wanted to test run a new polish which is the base colour - W7 Nail Polish in Matt Green. It's got more of a satin finish than completely matt which I really like. After two coats of the green, I added an angled tip to each nail in Bourjois 10 days Nail Enamel shade 15. The polishes in this range are great for applying coloured tips as they have really small brushes with angle end.

Over the top I then added two silver stripes using a No7 nail art pen I have from a limited edition Christmas set. The pen is really good as it gives a dense colour in just one stroke.

I finished off by adding a high shine top coat just over the pink and silver so there's a real contrast between the matt green and the tips. I think it's this, and the colour combo, that makes it look like fancy wrapping paper!

Happy painting... the nailist xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment