Sunday 12 August 2012

Queen ladybird

I wanted to do something fun with my nails to brighten up the inevitably dull Monday on the horizon... and this design will definitely bring smile to my face while I'm typing away at work!

Here's how...

Apply a red colour all over your nails, two coats if necessary, allowing to dry after each coat. I used Ted Baker London Beauty nail polish in an unnamed red.

Step 1 - all over red
Next, apply black tips in a slightly curved half moon shaped. I used Max Factor Limited Edition Nailfinity in Onyx, which is particularly good as Max factor polishes tend to have small brushes.

Step 2 - curved black tips
Using a nail art pen or thin brush add a vertical line in the middle of each nail. I used Models Own Nail Art Pen in Black

Step 3 - add central vertical stripes
Next, add two white dots either side of the line onto each nail using a nail art dotter. As usual I used Models Own Nail Art Pen in White

Step 4 - add white dots
Taking the black nail art pen again add the ladybird's spots and to add a cartoony element add a black dot into the middle of each white dot to create eyes

Step 5 - add black dots
Finish off with a glossy top coat, being careful to add in even non overlapped strokes to prevent bleeding, and there you have it! Eye catching and very fun

The kit

Happy Painting...the nailist xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment